Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

sErBz Crysis Wars Tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sErBz

sErBz Crysis Wars Tips Empty
PostSubject: sErBz Crysis Wars Tips   sErBz Crysis Wars Tips Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 am

Hi guys here are some tips for those of you who would like to get a little better at the game, or may want to improve your aim, or may want to get a better kill to death ratio etc. In this tutorial i will discuss:

1. Aiming
2. Moving Around
3. Capturing

Aiming:

So alot of people have trouble aiming well, and by this i mean that they are not able to hit people alot, which means poor tracking by the player. There are a variety of problems that you could be facing without even thinking its a problem. Two of the most common problems are your frame rate per second (fps) and your mouse sensitivity.

Your fps is the amount of frames that your gpu draws up when playing a game, the higher your fps the smoother your gameplay, and smoother gameplay results in better tracking and hence better aiming. Many people are worried about how there game looks, this is a thing to worry about only when you are playing single player, in multiplayer in order to get a good score you need smooth gameplay, so graphics are irrelevant and only cause your fps to be lower the higher you set them. Depending on your gpu, the best thing to do in my opinion is to set all your graphics as low as possible, some people may say that then it is harder to see cloakers, this is true, however, if you use your ears, and practice a little bit cloakers are not that hard to find, you can usually only just see the outline of the cloakers anyway (plus cloakers can be spotted another way, and that is your scanner Very Happy).

High mouse sensitivity in a first person shooter game in my opinion is bad, it reduces your accuracy by a fair bit as with a 1cm movement of your mouse you complete a 360 degree turn (hypothetically speaking). It is ideal to have a lower sensitvity in game, so that when your opponent is strafing it is easier to track them and you are not missing them 70% of the time, hence resulting in you dieing. There are two ways of adjusting your sensitivity in game, these are via the menu, and via the console. To adjust your sensitivty via the menu, use the slider ofcourse. To adjust it in the console, which in my opinion is much better the first thing you need to type is "con_restricted 0"; this will make all commands in the console available to you. The next thing to type in is "cl_sensitivity = ?", where the question mark is you will type in a number, ie "cl_senstivity = 10". Now the better part about doing your sensitivity through the console is that you can set it to exactly what you want so i could have my sensitivity as "cl_sensitivity = 10.24356789"; and that would be my exact sensitivity to the last digit.

One other thing that worries some people is the use of a laser, i think it is best to use a laser, most people are worried that it gives away your position, this is only something to worry about if you are planning on sniping for a while, otherwise using a laser is a great option, as it shows exactly where your gun is pointing, the crosshair i find to be somewhat innacurate except in extremely close battle.

Moving Around:

Alot of players get killed a fair bit because of how they decide to move throughout a map, players often decide to run in blind through the middle of the map, just to cut the time it takes to get from point A to point B, though sometimes it is better to go through the middle of the map i.e. when you want to rape a bunker and the players havent spawned yet, though alot of the time it is best to move around the map, and flank people from a distance, though this could mean that you are missing out on alot of the action. Best thing to do for those who are unsure of how to move around and where to move is to use a radar scanner, which can be bought in a powerstruggle match.

Alot of the time people know where an opponent is, and manage to blow there element of suprise and end up getting killed, if you do blow the fact that you are around, make sure to have some cover near you, such as a car or even a tree, these help reduce the enemies accuracy on you which means that you are more likely to kill them as they are more exposed.

Alot of movement is also involved in just a 1 vs 1 battle itself, most people when in a battle tend to just stand still and aim as it makes aiming easier for them, the problem with this is, that it make aiming a hell of alot easier for your opponent also. The best thing to do is to move around while aiming, which means strafing left and right so that the opponent does not have as much accuracy, and though you also dont, when you master this technique, standing still and strafing will be no difference to you at all.

Capturing:

Alot of the time capturing is not a problem as there are no enemies around and you are left alone, though at the same time it is just as easy for there to be enemies around or inside the building you want to capture so you have to know how your going to breach the place and take it over. Usually in places like the proto, people will be at the door waiting for you to open it and blow your head off, what you would need to do is to be quick about getting them out of position, so you could use something like grenades to make the opponent run off. Other times you could be trying to capture a bunker and you notice that your enemy is not willing to come out, be patient and force your enemy to come out by throwing grenades into the bunker. Though sometimes when capturing something like a bunker, you are only able to cover one side, and when you throw in a grenade the enemy goes out the other side and ends up killing you, the best thing to do is, use claymores, these are a good option as the help protect you and reduce the need for as many bullets. Having said that though you also need to watch out for enemy claymores.

After you have captured something, it is a good idea to leave some claymores in places where the enemy is likely to come across so that you score some free kills. You may chose to protect the building you have just captured, doing this is best depending on the situation, if you are alone and you think enemies are going to try and take over what you have just captured, lay down some claymores and go elsewhere, you should get some kills and you werent even there and whats even better the building is more likely to still be yours. If you do decide to say stay in the proto, have a scanner handy and lay down some claymores to make getting to you harder for the enemy, and also to make it easier for you to know where the enemy is comming from.

Well that is all from me, just some basic tips, though these do generally make a great difference.

sErBz
Back to top Go down
x delta x
{TF} Supreme Commander
{TF} Supreme Commander
x delta x

PostSubject: Re: sErBz Crysis Wars Tips   sErBz Crysis Wars Tips Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:24 am

hehe u taught me all this serbz thanx for posting on forums givs our players a boost knowing dat some1 active on our forums
Back to top Go down
sErBz

PostSubject: Re: sErBz Crysis Wars Tips   sErBz Crysis Wars Tips Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:44 am

not a worry mate, just also a tip for when you guys decide to recruit, as you are only just getting started dont worry to much about trying to get the absolute best players, try get some mid range players and you guys can become quite a powerful clan. Delta himself is very very good now, he just used the tips that i gave him, and from a negative kd he now gets like 45 - 15 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SoulDiver

SoulDiver

PostSubject: Re: sErBz Crysis Wars Tips   sErBz Crysis Wars Tips Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:49 am

haha thats writting but nice! i read and its good stuff. i often forget to keep holding shift when strafing which is a bad habbit i have almost fixed it though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sErBz Crysis Wars Tips   sErBz Crysis Wars Tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sErBz Crysis Wars Tips
Page 1 of 1