Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how to fix pb

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
x delta x
{TF} Supreme Commander
{TF} Supreme Commander
x delta x

how to fix pb Empty
PostSubject: how to fix pb   how to fix pb Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:45 am

Have you tried completely uninstalling and then reinstalling PunkBuster? Be sure to follow these instructions EXACTLY. People in the past have skipped parts and have failed to fix their problem.

1. Make sure that you either disable your firewall (probably not a good idea) or allow PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe access to do things (McAfee has been known to automatically add these services to the block list).
2. Download pbsvc.exe, which is a utility to uninstall and reinstall PunkBuster.
3. Open pbsvc.exe and select Un-Install/Remove PunkBuster Service.
4. Open pbsvc.exe again and this time select Install/Re-Install PunkBuster Service.
5. After installing, it will test your services. Make sure you get a "Test completed successfully without error." message. If not, then copy and paste the results of the test here.
6. Now download PBSETUP, which is a utility to update PunkBuster to the latest version. For Windows: pbsetup.exe
7. Open pbsetup.exe. It will probably have to check for updates, allow it to do that.
8. Click the "Add a Game" button at the top.
9. Select your game (in this case Battlefield 2142) and make sure that the directory is correct.
10. Click the "Check for Updates" button at the top.
Back to top Go down
adiojefopad
{TF} Private
{TF} Private

how to fix pb Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to fix pb   how to fix pb Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:15 am

Heres how you fix it for good and it ill ALWAYS work if the above doesn't:

open notepad and type the following lines exactly as I have written:

con_restricted = 0
pb_security = 0

Save as 'autoexec.cfg' (no quotes) in the folder program files>electronic arts>crytek>crysis wars>game
This will fix it for good

i can attach my copy of the document i u want.
Back to top Go down
Jarhead
{TF} Gunnery Sergeant
{TF} Gunnery Sergeant
Jarhead

how to fix pb Empty
PostSubject: how to fix pb   how to fix pb Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:11 am

hahah clerks fix is better and simpler
Back to top Go down
QuAcKsFTW

QuAcKsFTW

how to fix pb Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to fix pb   how to fix pb Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Dont listen to Jarhead because his brains are in his ass and isnt smart enough to understand what delta has wrote.
Well done delta its good to see you talking the time to help people having problems unlike Jarhead who just causes
problems Smile

One thing though is in the last 3 steps :
8. Click the "Add a Game" button at the top.
9. Select your game and make sure that the directory is correct.
10. Click the "Check for Updates" button at the top.

You MUST point pbsetup to the my games / crysis wars folder because thats where punkbuster updates to. Not to the
actual game install folder.

Cheers

Quacks
Back to top Go down
Jarhead
{TF} Gunnery Sergeant
{TF} Gunnery Sergeant
Jarhead

how to fix pb Empty
PostSubject: how to fix pb   how to fix pb Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:25 am

Omg u duck fuck
Back to top Go down
{TF}Loki
{TF} Private
{TF} Private
{TF}Loki

how to fix pb Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to fix pb   how to fix pb Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:12 pm

HAHAHHA 10 points to quacks u RULE!!!

ur brave enough to tell a nigger off ur my hero hahah jarhead u nigger lol! lol! lol! afro afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how to fix pb Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to fix pb   how to fix pb Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to fix pb
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: